LLMHA Covid-19 Safety Plan – Effective November 25, 2021
Referring to the Provincial Health Order, "Gathering and Events", September 18, 2021, the requirement for proof of vaccination is now in place for game-days. Logan Lake Minor Hockey Association (“LLMHA”) works with the District of Logan Lake to design our guidelines for arena use. We are continually monitoring the latest BC public health orders and, as such, all guidelines below are subject to change. Our arena usage guidelines are as follows:
Practices, Games and Tournaments
- Proof of vaccination IS required by all those entrants over 12 years of age on game day.
- Players, coaches, bench staff, team managers and safety reps are exempt from vaccine requirements.
- Players and coaches will be permitted to enter the arena 30 minutes before the
start of the game.
- Masks are mandatory for individuals 12 years of age and older except field of
play which is defined as the bench and ice.
- Recommended 2 metres of physical distancing.
- No spitting anywhere in arena.
- No entry to anyone showing signs or symptoms of Covid-19 (e.g. cough, fever, soar
- Covid-19 Health Check required for each player before play.
- All water bottles to be clearly labelled.
- U7, U9, U11 players should arrive fully dressed when possible.
- Parents are not allowed in change rooms.
- Team volunteers can assist with tying up skates.
- U13 and U18 players may use changerooms.
Download a printable version of this policy here.
Updated information September 1, 2021
Considering changes due to Covid-19, we have some important information that requires your attention and we appreciate you taking the time to carefully review the information below and in the poster below.
1. We are increasing our usage of the TeamSnap app this year, more specifically, in how we communicate about hockey activities. Please ensure that any adults that should be included in messages, emails, etc. regarding your player have also downloaded the TeamSnap app. It is your responsibility to ensure that whomever requires receipt of a team email/message that they are properly set up in TeamSnap. Please have this done before October 5.
2. We will be using TeamSnap to conduct a Pre-Practice/Game Health Checklist that each parent/guardian must complete prior to dropping off their player at the rink. Please ensure that the appropriate parent has access to the app to complete this checklist for every practice or game or your player will not be allowed on the ice.
Completing this checklist ahead of time using the TeamSnap app will lessen the workload required of coaches and arena staff from having to screen each individual player upon arrival at the rink.
3. We will be updating our Covid-19 Guidelines/Procedures on the website before the start of our season in early October. A message will be circulated via TeamSnap once it is ready and we expect all parents and guardians to review this prior to your player’s first practice.